Friday, October 30, 2009

Liquor in the Secondary of the Winter Belgian?

So my interweb voyages brought me to a thread on homebrewtalk.com regarding liquor additions to beer. Everyone in the thread who has used this method has seen positive results. One of them went so far to say it was the best beer he'd ever made. This got my brain churning about our Winter Belgian. If we did use this method we would probably add about 10oz of a very dark rum such as Gosling's Black Seal or possibly a spiced rum like Sailor Jerrys(just personal preference, I fear i may be burnt out on Captain Morgans for the remainder of my days). 10oz is a fairly conservative amount compared to what others have used. I feel this would give the beer added dimension and just the right amount of warmth. What do you guys think?!?

1 comment:

  1. It sounds awesome. Might make sense to queue this up and do it to a later batch, though. We haven't even bottled yet, to finish the whole process!

    I'd say the dark rum, though. Just my opinion. You can always do a Winter Warm/Gosling's Bomb. I'll set up the shot glasses.

    ReplyDelete